Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fitbit | What's a Fitbit?

It was time to replace my pedometer, unfortunately I have been unable to get a new battery for the old dear, but it had done sterling service and earned its retirement. Boy, things have really changed in the market place since my old pedometer was 'hot property' in the fitness market. I guess if I think back to what my cell phone was like back when I bought it, I shouldn't be so surprised. I have an iPhone now, and am used to the Apps, so I wondered how many, if any, pedometer type devices could hook up to the iPhone so I could get some stats... Turns out the answer is 'a few'. But for me, the Fitbit stood head and shoulders above the pack.

Fitbit | What's a Fitbit?

The Fitbit is a device that helps you track your energy burning activities during the day to help you stay on target to reach your fitness and health and wellness goals.  Designed to be worn under your clothing, clipped to a belt, waistband or bra, the Fitbit wirelessly tracks your activity and logs your results on your free Fitbit.com account.

When you next log in to your free online account (no monthly or annual subscriptions to pay here) you will be able to track your progress and view your results as graphs.

If you have an iPhone, via an iPhone app you can add and update data too. Log your stats each morning, update your food log and add details of additional fitness activities (such as swimming) that the Fitbit can't automatically log.

What's In The Box?
Fitbit Ultra Tracker, sleep wristband, belt holster, and base station with charger. Are you ready to check out the customer feedback or are you ready to order?
To order the Fitbit Wireless Activity/Sleep Tracker, Black/Blue follow this link.
You'll find the Black/Plum right here!


You may also enjoy... How I Overcame My Fear of Getting Lost While Out Running!


No comments:

Post a Comment